profile HI, I'M KIM. archives December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2008 |
Monday, August 06, 2007 @ 4:22 pm
Guides Why do all good things come to an end? I'm not talking about Nelly Furtado's song. Really, why do all good things come to an end? The past week has been quite eventful. And it also saw the end of many things. Guides (which may not necessarily be a good thing but it was a good experience nonetheless), Chem pracs (which provided the cyclic respite from monotonous theory)... and many other things. Monday Tuesday passed by in a blur, and on Wed, Zhang and I managed to cover the whole of North to South pole, Mrs Bowness would be so proud. We walked so much it was crazy! Let me tell you about our little adventure. Okay so we left school at about 2.45pm and waited for a very long time for bus 48 to go to Concourse to buy Farewell presents. Then, when we were nearing the bus stop, I decided to be very smart and suggested alighting at the NEXT stop instead, thinking that the bus would turn right (ref. fig 1.1). To our horror, the bus DID NOT TURN right, but instead, it went onto the KPE, then on to the ECP!!! So we ended up in Parkway Parade (which, I found out, is very nice.)! (Click here to enlarge) Fig 1.1 Hahahahaha so we walked around a little, had our TEA, then took a 48 back to the bus-stop outside 7-storey Hotel, walked to Concourse, spent ages deciding on presents, then took a bus to I-dont-know-where, then walked to Bugis Village to try to look for some nice retro accessories but failed. Thanks for Wednesday, Zhang! It was fun. Tiring, but fun! :) ♥♥♥ Farewell on 3rd August 2007: Retro. I didnt take many pics. So eh anyone who has nice pictures of farewell please send them to me (loo.kimberly@gmail.com!) thanks :) Farewell was really nice, could really see all the effort put in to make this day so special for us Sec 4 seniors (old). Like all the decorations and dress codes and everything... heehee and the food. Muffins and honey cornflakes and brownies and the prerequisite orange cordial! And thanks to everyone who were involved, and for the video!!! I nearly cried. Because I mean think about it, all those memories... aww. & then I think of standing in the sun for 2 hours and I dont feel sad anymore. Thanks also for the presents, you all are really sweet (I really cant think of another word because I like this pun)! And now, the Sec 4 Guides are Sec 4 ex-Guides! Whoooot! No more stress! :) (Oh but I still felt a little embarrassed when I saw our marching contingent.........) Two lovely people whom I wouldn't have gotten to know without Guides. One lovely person whom I wouldn't have gotten to know without Guides, and two of whom I wouldn't have been able to get to know so much better! :) Guides buddies! Hahahah I'll really miss hanging around after Guides with them and OMG ALL THE VIDEOS IN SEC TWO!!! Must go find them and put them up here some day... to relieve stress. & Foong is amazingly good at spotting empty cabs. I'll miss Guides, without it, I'd never have been able to start a fire and cook outdoors, or make a table or furniture using poles and twine. Or learn how to cook. (+++ all the free concerts!) ♥♥♥ Well, that's about it. Uh oh I've been on for an hour! Be back when I find the videos from Sec2. (Good old days!) Till then, to the people who are sick (e.g. Rui), get well soon!! And to the people who arent, hang in there please dont let the stress get to you! Lots of love, Kim! |